Hem It Alterations
Hem It Alterations
Love the pants but the inseam is too long? Wish that maxi dress was a mini instead? Now your wish can come true with customized hem alterations for select vintage items!
- What can be hemmed?
- Denim inseam
- Pant inseam
- Short inseam
- Top length
- Sleeve cuff length
- Dress length **
- Skirt length *
** Some hemlines and fabrications are extremely difficult to alter. I will note in the product description if the item is NOT eligible for alterations.
- How will it be hemmed?
- I will recreate the original style of the hem on the garment unless communicated otherwise.
- Examples include hand stitch hem for softer/drapey materials or rolled machine stitch for denim/structured fabrics.
- What's the process?
- Add Hem It to your purchase
- Include your email at checkout
- After your purchase is made, I will reach out via email to confirm your measurements and style of hem preferred. Please check your Junk folder if you do not receive the email within 24 hrs.
- An email confirmation with a shipping tracking number will be sent when your item is ready.
- All alterations are completed by myself and may add an additional week to the delivery time.
Have questions? Feel free to start a chat via the text box in the bottom right corner of the screen OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo examples of Hem Alterations:
- Striped Tunic Mini: shortened length of the dress from midi to above the knee using machine stitch hem.
- Blue Block Print Maxi: shortened the sleeve length from long to cap sleeve using a hem handstitch.
Chelsea is 5'4" and wears an XS/S and 25 jean. Measurements are: 34" bust, 26" waist, 35" hip.
Nikki is wears an XS/S and 26 jean.
Measurements are 34" bust, 27.5" waist, 38" hips.
"Excellent" indicates new, like-new, or never worn.
"Great" indicates very slight wear.
"Good" indicates some visible wear.
Due to the nature of vintage, this item may have gentle wear. Anything major will be noted and priced accordingly. Items have been laundered & sanitized so they may live their best new life.